12 July 2005

homebrew project requirements 0.0

so i've got a small garden at home that i've been maintaining since this past spring and i'm learning quite a bit about how to water properly...that got me to thinking about what i would like an irrigation system (ISM) to monitor and tell me...



i've found that my garden plants like to be watered less frequently but at greater amounts than shallow waterings on a daily basis...i would like my ISM to monitor and tune watering cycles based on the dryness (or wettness) of the soil...this is a critical feature...so one question i have is how many electrodes should i use in the soil and to what depth should they be to obtain reliable and accurate readings



there is a question of power...how do i power this system??? i am very intrigued by the notion of sustainable living and alternate enery sources...so it would be cool if it was solar powered...there's plenty of sun down here in tx



more to come as the ideas hit me...

No comments: