07 February 2011

Day...oh hell i quit counting...

So I'm half way through my first week and today was the first day that not only have I not made wrong turns, but have also conquered these damn rond-points (roundabouts for those non-french-speaking types). I have no idea what the French fascination is with these damn things but they're EVERYWHERE! I mean I get the narrow streets and small car thing...but rond-points...really?!? Don't get me wrong...they are kinda fun once you get the hang of them.

The big accomplishment of the day yesterday was the supermarché. Not only was I able to successfully locate it, but was also able to find sustenance (aka pain / fromage / et vin) and make it back home all in one shot. Probably the strangest item I came across was frozen octopus. However, La Ciotat is a sea side town so I suppose that does make sense.

Anyway, the first week is almost over and that has me thinking about what this weekend will bring. I think I'll stay in town this weekend and go on a photo excursion...

1 comment:

jarry said...

Order a croque monsieur or a croque madame in any cafe or boulangerie. You can live on those delicious things.
And...don't even think of coming home before gobbling up a merquez sausage in the Quartier Latin/ Paris. I have dreams about merguez. Bon apetit! (Bone Ape Poteet)